Turkey Shoot is Saturday November 28th
Post date: Oct 17, 2015 2:15:05 PM
All the permits are lined up and the 2015 Stafford Lake Turkey Shoot is On ! One day, non-PDGA doubles tournament.
Please note that this tournament always sells out. So if you want to play, pay quickly as only 72 teams are blessed enough to play.
- Best throw doubles format.
- Two 18 hole rounds.
- One in the morning, starting at 8:15 AM.
- One in the afternoon, starting at 12:00 PM.
- One round on Stafford's classic course in mostly 'traditional' pin positions.
- One round on Stafford's 'Lake' temporary course.
- Four divisions:
- Professional - The top tier for ultimate bragging rights. $100 per team.
- Old - This is a new division for old people. Total age of the team must exceed 100 years. $100 per team.
- Amateur - For younger teams who are not pros. $80 per team.
- Mixed - One man, one woman, one team. $80 per team.
- 100% Payout. Sorry but we're not doing a players package or food as most of us have enough tee shirts, discs, and will have plenty of leftovers from Thanksgiving, and everyone prefers cash anyway.
- So bring your own lunch as food will not be provided and there is not enough time to get food between rounds !!!
- Saturday November 28th.
- Park Opens at 7 am.
- !! Players Meeting is at 8 AM !!!!
- First round starts promptly at 8:15 AM.
- Second round starts at 12:45.
- Awards ceremony at 5:00 PM.
- Park closes at 6 PM.
- Normal Stafford parking fees still apply.
- !! Bring your own food and beverages !! To save time there will be no barbecue this year, so bring your lunch.
- Please play quickly. The sun sets at 5PM, so we have to be done before then.
For those of you curious about the course layouts:
- In an effort to speed play, most of the main course will be in 'traditional'. So a mix of long and short.
- Below is a rough map of the temp course. The winners shot a -15 last year, so we may try and toughen it up a bit.