2014 Turkey Shoot Results
Post date: Nov 30, 2014 5:54:00 PM
In spite of the prediction of rain for the entire day, we only got wet for half of the first round. So the 2nd round was almost sunny and fun was had by everyone, except for the 4th place AM team that didn't hand in their scorecards until after we announced the winners and paid out the cash. Ouch.
A few other notes:
- We finished on time. Thanks to everyone for playing quickly so we could actually do the raffle and awards ceremony and not get thrown out by angry rangers.
- Team DINGDONG repeated from last year. Great play by Patrick and Drew, especially birdieing the final hole for the win, with a roller no less.
- The Redwood Coasters dominated the Mixed division, would have won AM and OLD, and would have finished 5th in Pro. An impressive performance by Chris Watson and Kelly Muth.
- We had a 3 way tie for first in our inaugural OLD division. In keeping with the spirit of the Old Division, the 3 teams determined that they were too tired for a playoff, ate some Advil, split the cash, flipped for the trophies, and had a beer instead.
- We had a 2 way tie for first in AM, which is, we think, Josh Yocum's 2nd or 3rd win in AM. We think it's time to step up Josh !
- Hot round on the main course was 43, -11, by the Pro winners Patrick Brown and Drew Gibson. 12 birdies and a 4 on 9.
- Hot rounds on the temp course were 39's, -15. 3 pro teams managed it and one AM team.
- Thanks to Marin Disc Sports for sponsoring the raffle, and donating the extra proceeds to the club.
Here are the full results but the top 3 teams in each division were:
Am - (2 WAY TIE FOR 1ST)
Josh Yocum and Khyber Easton
Aaron McKenna and Alex Duncan
Old - (3 WAY TIE)
david malo/tom z
Bill Christmas and Kevin Parkhurst
Scott Riley, lou rethelford
the z team
you wish you were us
Chris Watson and Kelly Muth
Sarah Hokum and Don Smith
Ari Free, Anni Kremel
Hokom and Smith
The Good , The Bad , and the Sodden