posted Oct 29, 2016, 5:15 PM by Jackson Ratcliffe
updated Nov 8, 2016, 8:57 PM
TURKEY SHOOT IS FULL
All the permits are lined up and the 2016 Stafford Lake Turkey Shoot is On ! One day, non-PDGA doubles tournament.
Please note that this tournament always sells out. So if you want to play, pay quickly as only 72 teams are blessed enough to play.
- Saturday November 26th.
- Park Opens at 7 am.
- !! Players Meeting is at 8 AM !!!!
- First round starts promptly at 8:15 AM. We'll send Pros/Old/Mixed out 1st to the big course, then AMs on the temp course.
- Second round starts at 12:30. We'll send AMs out 1st to the big course, then Pros/Old/Mixed on the temp course.
- Awards ceremony at 5:00 PM.
- Park closes at 6 PM.
- Best throw doubles format.
- Two 18 hole rounds.
- One in the morning, starting at 8:15 AM.
- One in the afternoon, starting at 12:30 PM.
- One round on Stafford's classic course in mostly 'traditional' pin positions.
- One round on Stafford's 'Lake' temporary course.
- Four divisions:
- Professional - The top tier for ultimate bragging rights. $100 per team.
- Old - Total age of the team must exceed 100 years. $100 per team.
- Mixed - One man, one woman, one team. $100 per team.
- Amateur - For everyone else. $80 per team.
- 100% Payout. Sorry but we're not doing a players package or food as most of us have enough tee shirts, discs, and will have plenty of leftovers from Thanksgiving, and everyone prefers cash anyway.
- So bring your own lunch as food will not be provided and there is not enough time to get food between rounds !!!
- Normal Stafford parking fees still apply.
- Please play quickly. The sun sets at 4:52 PM, so we have to be done before then.
For those of you curious about the course layouts:
- In an effort to speed play, most of the main course will be in 'traditional'. So a mix of long and short.
- I'll add a map shortly, but it will be basically the same as last year, except the 1st hole (that sucked) will be replaced with another island green hole, which will be #1 on the temp course. We're naming this hole 'Proctor's Pain'.
- There are 36 AM spots and 36 spots for Pro/Old/Mixed.
- To play AM, use the form on the left. To play Pro/Old/Mixed, use the one on the right and select your division. It's a drop down option. Team Scotch and Soda have already messed up and instead of playing the Old division, they are playing pro.
- PLEASE ENTER YOUR TEAM NAME AND THE NAMES OF YOUR TEAM MEMBERS. That way I can do the scorecards easily. Thanks
- Please don't beg for a spot when it sells out as there are none. However, there are always a few teams that no show and alternates are on a first come first serve basis.
- Last year we added a few groups so some groups had 3 teams. I got some complaints about that and don't want to listen to whining, so unless all teams on a tee agree to adding another team, we're not doing that again.
SORRY, ALL SPOTS ARE TAKEN