If you are interested in Stafford lake, here are the local courses that we like as well.
1. DeLaveaga is one of the most famous and best courses around. It's 107 miles away, but is one of the best courses in the world.
2. Ukiah is a veritable Meca for Disc Golf. With the two courses in Ukiah proper, Low Gap Park and Overlook Day Use Area at Lake Mendocino and the course at the Anderson Valley Brewery, a trip to Ukiah can involve some great rounds of golf, not to mention the beer at the brewery. Ukiah is only 80 miles north from Stafford.
3. Skyline Wilderness Park has a nice course that is similar to Stafford in that it's in rolling California hills with lots of Oak groves. Skyline is only 24 miles away from Stafford.
4. Aquatic Park in Berkely is an old classic course. Lots of water and wind to make a challenging round.
5. San Francisco is a small and tight course, but you can't beat the location. To make things even better, SF Parks have just given approval to expand their current 9/12 holes in Golden Gate Park to 18. And possibly even better, a course has been approved for McLaren Park.
6. Lucchesi Park in Petaluma is an OK 9 hole course. For the map go to http://stafforddiscgolf.blogspot.com/2009/02/lucchesi-park-layout.html